Art Piece: Sugar Daddy Suspected of Murder
Posted on 04 August 2010
Now that the exhibit is over, here’s my second piece for the These Are Their Stories art show featuring works inspired by episode summaries of LAW & ORDER.
This was a really fun (not to mention delicious) piece to work on. The lineup chart is actual size by the way, in case you ever wondered how big an Abba-Zabba is.
Thanks again to Brandon Bird for curating the show, it was really awesome to be a part of it. Seriously. How often do I get to put a mustache on Mariska Hargitay and eat FIVE candy bars all in the name of art?
And the reception at Gallery Meltdown was great; everyone seemed so happy to be there, enjoying all the art work and eating the moist Jerry Orbach cake (which was also delicious). It was in the middle of the room, because nobody puts a Jerry Orbach cake in a corner. Nobody.
Ice cream, tasty cake, PBR + LAW & ORDER art = a criminally good time!
Here’s some photos from the reception – These Are Their Stories FLICKR Set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovebyte/sets/72157624525514271/
Check out all the art work from the show on Brandon’s blog:
And here’s some press & blog posts about the show:
• Animal: Law & Order Art, Dun-Dun!
• Brain Pickins: What mustaches have to do with dead bullies and subway-riding bears.
• PopCultured: These Are Their Stories
• Wondermark: These Are ALL Their Stories
• Melissa Dixson Taxidermist: These Are Their Stories
• LAist: Death, Sin, Redemption, Morality: Gallery Show Features Artists’ Take on Law & Order Plotlines
• SLOG Art: These Are Their Stories
• Neatorama: These Are Their Stories
• LA Weekly: These Are Their Stories
• True Stories of Law & Order: Law & Order Art Show in Los Angeles
• Laughing Squid: These Are Their Stories
• Drawing Attention: These Are Their Stories
• Screened: These Are Their (Art) Stories
• SuperPunch: Law & Order-themed art show at Gallery Meltdown
• Pete Lit: These Are Their Stories
p.s. Here’s a pic of artist Jim Mahfood (aka Food One) with one of Nate Carle’s awesome Star Wars shirts. Get yours at Plus5Mace.com!